As a psychology major, the drastic positive psychosocial effect this profession has on others is what initially drew Dr. Gidaly to dentistry and is what led him to pursue a career in orthodontics. In his view, being an orthodontist is the best job in the world, and is by far the most high-impact specialty in dentistry, if not medicine. Being able to help boost his patients’ self-confidence and customize their smiles makes every day both enjoyable and a true blessing. He truly looks forward to meeting each and every one of you!
Education & Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts in psychology – Siena College
- Minor, chemistry/biology – The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master of Science – The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Orthodontic certificate – The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- North Carolina Dental Society
Outside Of The Practice
Dr. Gidaly enjoys coaching baseball, mentoring, and teaching. He enjoys almost all outdoor activities, including fishing, golf, tennis, and running.